SLZUSD GRADUATE PROFILE
SLZUSD graduate profile represents a set of attributes to guide students achieve a strong academic foundation that prepares them for life, work, and study beyond high school. For the district, it serves as a tool to assess the extent to which we are accomplishing our vision and to determine future priorities.
Our graduates will demonstrate being:
College and Career Ready
Socially and Civically Engaged
Creative and Innovative
Technology Proficient and Responsible
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS BY DISPLAYING
- Proficiency to listen with purpose and intent.
- Skills to articulate ideas clearly and appropriately for the audience.
- Negotiation and resolution strategies.
- Capability to give and receive feedback.
- Effective use of written language supported with evidence.
TECHNOLOGICALLY PROFICIENT AND RESPONSIBLE BY DISPLAYING
- Computational, research, and information fluency.
- Responsible digital citizenship and appropriate use of social media.
- Ability to engage with new technology.
COLLEGE AND CAREER READY BY DISPLAYING
- Mastery of core knowledge as outlined by the California Common Core Standards.
- Ability to use core knowledge for further inquiry and exploration in a variety of fields and areas of interest.
- Transferable skills that support future success in college such as bilingualism, critical thinking, teamwork, etc.
- The ability to navigate and explore college and career opportunities.
- Clearly articulated post graduate plan.
CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE BY DISPLAYING
- Visionary solutions to problems.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of a solution.
- Capacity to respond to real world challenges.